Master Gardeners, parents and other volunteers keep Peabody Garden areas healthy and growing. Our Master Gardener Advisors (also volunteers) need help with routine and special maintenance on scheduled workdays. Please come and spend an hour or more working in the gardens with the Master Gardener Advisors. You can keep the garden looking good and also learn about gardening first hand. The Master Gardener Advisors spend time during each session discussing the history the garden, describing maintenance challenges as well as answering questions about the school garden and gardening. The garden patrol has tools and gloves for volunteers to use. Fall workdays are scheduled for:
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014 - 5:00 to 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 5:00 to 7:00 PM
- Monday, September 22, 2014 - 5:00 to 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 1, 2014 - 5:00 to 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, October 15, 2014- 5:00 to 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, October 29, 2013- 5:00 to 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 3:00 to 5:00 PM
- Final Clean Up, Post Frost in November -- The Date and Time TBD
The workday will be cancelled if there is heavy rain.
Peabody Garden is located at 425 C Street, NE between 4th and 5th Streets, NE (4 blocks from Union Station Metro).